Biggin Hill Airport Ltd (BHAL) is committed to operating in a sustainable manner that minimises the environmental impact that operations, under the direct control of BHAL, produces. BHAL has the goal of achieving net zero carbon emissions by 2029 whilst contributing to the local economy and delivering social benefits through local employment, supporting local business and community engagement.
To achieve this BHAL is committed to:
- Establish an environment management system in accordance with the aims of ISO 14001:2015.
- BHAL will actively strive to be at the forefront of developments in all areas of sustainability.
- Ensure all future development programmes are undertaken in a sustainable manner to ensure we minimize the impact on the environment
- Minimise waste by reduction, re-use and recycling methods.
- Reduce the use of energy, water and other natural resources.
- Ensure that our employees and contractors understand the sustainability objectives of BHAL and any training needs are identified and delivered in order that they can support them.
- All BHAL staff are required to ensure that sustainability is incorporated into all aspects of the airport’s operational activities under the control of BHAL.
- Encourage staff to bring forward new ideas and initiatives to meet the commitments of this policy.
- Promote and encourage involvement in local environmental initiatives.
- Comply or exceed the requirements of environment legislation appertaining to airport operations.
- Encourage all BHAL stakeholders to support the sustainability aims of the airport.
- To review the Sustainability statement annually and publish a report on the findings and aims for the future to all stakeholders.
- This policy will be reviewed and updated annually to take into account new legislation and innovations that will
The Chairman, CEO, Directors and staff of BHAL are committed to this policy, each has a responsibility to ensure BHAL delivers on this commitment.
Updated: September 2020